How to reach us
Arrival by car
If you are coming by car, take the motorway connection to Celje from the direction of Italy, Austria and Hungary. From the direction of Croatia, you will be brought to Celje by local roads. From the center of town signs will guide you to the castle.
PARKING in front of the Old Castle Celje
In front of the castle there is free parking (also for buses).
ACCESS FOR PHYSICALLY DISABLED PEOPLE
The Old Castle Celje is also accessible for physically disabled people. It is also equipped with suitable sanitary facilities.
Arrival by train / bus
If you are coming to Celje by train, the following regular lines are available:
- from the direction of Austria: Vienna-Graz-Maribor-Celje
- from Italy: Roma-Florence-Villach-Zidani most-Celje
- from the direction of Croatia: Zagreb-Zidani most-Celje
- from Hungary: Budapest-GyorSopron-Wiener Neustadt-Celje
More information: http://www.slo-zeleznice.si
Arrival by bus is possible via regular line connections between all major cities around Slovenia.
More information: http://www.izletnik.si/avtobusni-vozvoz/vozni-red.aspx
Arriving by plane
If you are coming by plane, you will land at Jože Pučnik Airport, from where organized transports (bus, taxi, rent-a-car) to Ljubljana, the capital city of Slovenia are available. From Ljubljana, continue driving by train or by bus to Celje.
Arrival to destination from:
- Zagreb Airport: continue with organized bus or rail transport
- Vienna Airport: Continue with organized bus or rail transport
- Budapest Airport: Continue with organized bus or rail transport
Distances between places:
Celje - Ljubljana: 71 km
Celje - Trieste: 200 km
Celje - Venice: 350 km
Celje - Milan: 620 km
Celje - Zagreb: 115 km
Celje - Belgrade: 500 km
Celje - Budapest: 350 km
Celje - Vienna: 280 km
Celje - Graz: 110 km