The castle, which is the largest medieval castle in Slovenia, is an attractive tourist destination of Celje and a beautiful setting for weddings and unforgettable family or business experiences. In the summer the castle is the venue for numerous events.
Programs that take place in the castle upon prior agreement:
- WEDDINGS: classical or castle weddings at various castle venues
- COUNT’S RECEPTION: experience a meeting with Herman II. or Barbara of Celje and their castle staff
- KNIGHTING: Become a Knight of Celje and experience an unforgettable ritual at the castle
- MEDEVIL FEAST: Taste castle cuisine and pamper your senses with medieval recipes
- GUIDED VIEWS: Organized guide tours are adapted to age groups and are carried out after prior announcement in TIC Celje
- RENT THE CASTLE: It is possible to rent the whole castle space or individual locations in the castle.
Every last Saturday in August, the castle is the site of a traditional medieval event called "The land of Celje invites." In the summer months, there is a live life program, which gives visitors the opportunity to become part of the "live" history, and in an authentic environment sword fight with knights, shoot with a bow, flirt with the princesses of the castle, and create in medieval workshops ...
Tourist Information Center Old Castle:
Modern Tourist Information Center and Veronika Café are available to visitors. In the Tourist Information Center, visitors can choose promotional brochures, information materials about the castle, Celje and its surroundings, as well as information about sights and events in Celje. There is a wide selection of souvenirs and products of home and art crafts, official Slovenian souvenirs I FEEL SLOVENIA and various literature. Visitors can also buy an annual ticket to visit the castle in TIC Old Castle Celje.
TIC STARI GRAD CELJE
Cesta na grad 78,
Phone: +386 3 544 36 90
F: +386 3 428 79 31
The Old Castle of Celje is open every day of the year.
January: 10: 00-16: 00
February: 9: 00-17: 00
March: 9: 00-18: 00
April: 9: 00-19: 00
May: 9: 00-20: 00
June: 9: 00-21: 00
July: 9: 00-21: 00
August: 9: 00-21: 00
September: 9: 00-20: 00
October: 9: 00-18: 00
November: 9: 00-17: 00
December: 10: 00-16: 00
The last entrance to the Old Castle of Celje is half an hour before closing.
In front of the entrance of the Old Castle, there is a parking lot, which is also suitable for buses and motorhomes.
The old castle Celje has regulated access for physically disabled people, sanitary facilities are also arranged.